Monday, March 28, 2011

Summer Wishlist

My earnings should be enough to support my wants, but the fact is I don’t just live for myself. For instance, I provide a monthly allowance to my grandmother’s unwed younger sister who lives alone in a remote place in Bohol. Sometimes, I extend financial support to some members of the family. Well, I send myself to school, which is actually quite costly for me. But, don’t get me wrong, I’m totally okay with all these. The only point I’m trying to make here is that because of the circumstances I can’t afford my PETTY "wants". And at times I can’t help wishing – as if it works – a thousand times that I’d wake up one morning and… say have a New Scientist subscription at my doorstep without having to pay it myself. *laughs* Isn’t that happiness? I know you have wished it, too. :p

Here’s my “I want” list I wish I could manage to squeeze into my budget. But, duh, I doubt it this year. I mean, sure I have money for other wants like for travels because it’s something I can’t live without. I lust wandering around and seeing people and places. But the things below are the things I’d immediately spend for only if, only if I have extra extra money, ‘coz they’re not the priorities this year. I’m putting up a fruit farm in Bohol and my extras should go there. Umh, we’re not talking big money here. Just enough. So here’s the list I’ve been wishing to get.


1. Get a subscription of New Scientist
2. Watch Sara Bareilles concert in Singapore on May 11
3. Enroll in pole dance, striptease or diva dance lessons
4. Membership for Toastmaster International (Need this this year, though)
5. Any books of the following authors: Nick Bantock, Neil Gaiman, Haruki Murukami, Charles Darwin, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens or a bookstore GC so I can buy all the books I want!
6. Monthly supply of Coffee Bean’s Pistachio Sans Rival Cake (Yum!)
7. Have some of my bookmarks framed for collection exhibit – in the near future, I hope
8. Enroll in French II class in extramural program of Dept. of European Languages in UPD
9. Kick-wheel and loads of clay for pottery making and enroll in pottery making class
10. Canvass and new sets of acrylic or oil paints in tubes
11. I gave my portable dvd player to my sister, so I need a new one for myself
12. A bunch of Philippine stamps so I can start trading bookmarks – international – again. I hate that I can’t afford this hobby anymore, the way I have managed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment