Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Nothing beautiful asks for attention."


"The true joy of a moonlit night is something we no longer understand. Only the men of old, when there were no lights, could understand the true joy of a moonlit night."
- Yasunari Kawabata, Palm-of-the-Hand Stories

Bewitched I stared as it took over the darkness. Soused in its luster. Embrittled by its might. An orchestra only the night knows played; the eerie harbinger of the unknown and the uncertainty.

Then, you enclosed me in your tenderness and devotion. My anti-spell.




"Anyhow, I took every stitch of clothing off and got out of bed. And I got down on my knees on the floor in the white moonlight. The heat was off and the room must have been cold, but I didn't feel cold. There was some kine of special something in the moonlight and it was wrapping my body in a thin, skintight film. At least that's how I felt. I just stared there naked for a while, spacing out, but then I took turns holding different parts of my body out to be bathed in the moonlight. I don't know, it just seemed like the most natural thing to do. The moonlight was so absolutely, incredibly beautiful that I couldn't not do it. My head and shoulders and arms and breasts and tummy and bottom and, you know, around there: one after another, I dipped them in the moonlight like taking a bath."
- Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

(Enjoying Frank Sinatra's while the moon shines so brightly above the tent.)

HOW TO GET TO BUROT BEACH, CALATAGAN BATANGAS?

First of all, I should say that if you're a backpacker or a lover of secluded and quite non-resort type of beach location where you could just pitch a tent anywhere that suits you then you must visit Burot Beach. And these are the wonderful blogs that can help you get there:

Burot Beach: A Secret Beach in Calatagan
Burot Beach
Discovering Burot Beach of Calatagan Batangas
How To Get To Burot Beach

*Taken @ Burot Beach, Calatagan Batangas (2-3 November 2012) by Linds

2 comments: