Sunday, March 24, 2013

Correspondence

It’s amazing how little things could bring so much joy; tiny details like the stamps on letter envelopes, other people’s handwritings, sweet notes on postcards, that nice feeling when you go to the post office and drop a letter for someone.

I used to be an active trader of bookmarks with other collectors from different places outside the country. It was something I look forward to, receiving envelopes of surprises every month. I remember I opened every single envelope with all colors of excitement. It was as if love flew from many miles away just for me. Well, it did.

Correspondence (by letter) is, for me, more than conversation. It isn’t just about getting messages. It’s sending affection.

Right now, I’m in the process of coming up with an idea transforming these wonderful letter envelopes into something that preserves or rather bring out the magic and delight of correspondence. I’ll as well showcase this with my bookmarks when I get the chance to do an exhibit.

I'd love to hear your ideas. Contact me.
       




No comments:

Post a Comment