Friday, March 25, 2016

“I wish to live a life that causes my soul to dance inside my body.”

The past several months felt like I was uprooted from that familiar place where my soul dug and built me. I walked around without a name, without my individuality, without the dreams that made me. I walked around headless and emotionless.

But when you are made of fire, it only takes a while to realize you are out in the middle of a windy cold night. Before the cold consume you, you hold on to the wind tight and let it take you to a warmer place to start all over again. I am fire. Wherever I go, I need warmth. I need something that keeps my soul going, something that causes my soul to dance inside my body.

And so I’m back! Here. Where I have built a tiny warm familiar space. Where I know myself and the things that I do. A couple of weeks ago, I tried chasing myself back. And I will continue chasing until everything is in tuned and my soul starts to tap her feet to the beat of my life.


Last weekend, I went to Calatagan, Batangas with a beautiful and great company of Jeff, Jazz, Albert, and Ida. We took a lot of photos of us burning hotdogs for dinner, enjoying the sea, the sand, and the scenery. We were drunk about our life plans, our dreams, and our heartaches. But not drunk enough just yet and our stories will continue until the next weekend getaway.







***Taken at Burot Beach and Cape Santiago, Calatagan, Batangas (19-20 March) by Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment