Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Love

1. Volunteer work at Wild Life Rescue Center and/or NGO for people with disabilities. I’ve always been fascinated with zoos or the animals inside the zoos. So, why not try to do something that would make me work for these lovely creatures? Yeah, I'm making that happen this year. And as my visually-impaired cousin would say, she won’t be surprised if I have interest in volunteering in an organization that works for people with disabilities because we practically grew up with them. I have an uncle crippled because of polio. His late dad was also a polio-patient. Another late uncle was a deaf-mute who also had a problem with his gait because of club feet.

2. Bohol cottage house and a farm. And this is what my dream house would look like. I want it very simple, small, warm with wide windows, mostly made of wood, fresh, with so much green outside, not fenced (don't you hate houses with fences?) or if I need to have it, it'll be just this short wooden type, and dreamy. More livestock and fruits for the farm, hopefully. *The pictures kinda look shabby, but guess that's just how I like it, simple and warm.


3. Fly away! Anywhere! I missed flying out of the country last year only because I got stuck at work and school was extremely demanding.

4. Paint, paint, paint! I’ve always loved painting. I should start doing it, again, this year. My bf, who studied Painting (College of Fine Arts, UP Diliman), is the worst teacher. He just doesn't have the patience to teach me. I have to learn it all by myself.


5. Framed-up: Oriental woven cloth piece bought in China, bookmarks, paintings, photos. I already have a clear picture in my mind how my walls would look like.

6. Latin dance. Oh, how it feels so liberating, especially Rumba. I'd love to dance alone with windows wide open so the air from the outside would fill the room and the orange light from the streetlamp would cast shadows of me.


7. Entries for Dressing Room blog. I’m not sure how we are going to manage to make this blog (with Sarah) as interesting as Sartorialist, Garance Dore, Daydream Lily, or Fifi Lapin. :D I wish! But, we’ll try. Well, we have our own style and idea for this blog, but we admit we draw inspiration from these blogs – or at least, me.

8. Dream bookstore! Let’s see. I’ve always wanted to have a bookstore. I love the idea that in this way I can also influence people to love reading.

9. Read more! I have a long list of “To Read”. My Amazon Kindle (a gift from my bf!) is now full of e-books of some works of Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, Brian Greene, Stephen Jay Gould, Charles Darwin, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, to name some, and well, Haruki Murakami. I hope I could finish them all this year. Fuck. *Sigh* I’d love to, I swear. So, I would have new list next year.

10. Photos unlimited!. I kinda feel like using my Fuji polariod camera. Oh, yeah, I forgot it's not mine. Technically, it's my bf's, it was a present I got him in Valentines' a few years ago. But I can borrow it. I'm starting a polaroid art shots. ;)

But...

Damn, let's see. I don't think I'm that bad, really. Well, I hope I'm not. :p

But It’s Gonna Be Real Serious As Well

1. MA Thesis!
2. Licensure Exam!
3. CDP and CLUP Projects


*the photos above are not mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment